Poultry is a domesticated bird raised by humans for meat, eggs, and feathers. These birds are generally the members of the superorder Galloanserae that are particularly the order Galliformes such as turkeys, quails, and chickens. Poultry is also used for the birds that are slaughtered for meat such as pigeons, whereas it is not used for the wild birds that are hunted as a sport or food.
In the United States, the first thing that comes to mind after hearing poultry is chicken. Several other categories are included in poultry such as ostriches, pheasants, quail, geese, ducks, and turkeys. All these types are used for making delicious poultry meals.
What Is Poultry?
For most people in the United States, the first thing that comes to mind after hearing the word poultry is chicken. It is the most common type of poultry in the United States but it is not the only one. Also, the term poultry refers to a variety of types of birds raised on farms for entertainment, fiber, and food. Entertainment chickens or poultry are not dancing chickens but the ones used to carry messages for you such as pigeons.
To expand the vision of poultry, apart from meat, it is also consumed in various forms such as broth and eggs. For example, when it comes to turkeys, you think of Christmas or Thanksgiving. Now turkey meat is included in everyday foods in various forms such as turkey bacon.
Examples of Poultry
Eggs and Meat
Eggs and Meat
Eggs and Meat
Helmeted Guinea Fowl
Eggs and Meat
Best Italian Chicken Recipes
Italian Stuffed Chicken
If you have tried mushroom stuffed chicken breast, then try Italian stuffed chicken with crusty bread.
- Olives Or Sundried Tomatoes – 2 Tbsp, Chopped
- Garlic – 1 Clove, Crushed
- Mixed Herbs – 1/2 Tsp
- Soft Cheese – 200g
- Chicken Breasts – 4 Plumps, Boneless, Skinless
- Tomatoes – 4, Ripe, Sliced
- Olive Oil – For Drizzling
- Heat the oven to 220°C on the fan or 200°C on gas. Whisk the sun-dried tomatoes or olives, garlic, and herbs in the cheese. Cut the slit in the side of each chicken breast and use the knife to open a pocket into it.
- Use the cheese mixture to top each chicken breast. Now press to close the pocket and put them on a greased baking sheet. Season the chicken and then use tomato slices for layering on the top of each piece of chicken. Then sprinkle the remaining herbs and drizzle the olive oil.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes until it is browned by the edges, and the tomatoes look slightly shrunken.
- Use green salad and crusty bread while serving Italian stuffed chicken to soak up the juices.
- Chicken Breasts – 2 Large, Halved Through The Middle, Skinless
- Eggs – 2, Beaten
- Breadcrumb – 75g
- Parmesan Cheese – 75g, Grated
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Cloves – 2, Crushed
- Jar Passata – Half of 690ml
- Caster Sugar – 1 Tsp
- Oregano – 1 Tsp, Dried
- Light Mozzarella – Half of 125g Ball, Torn
- Cut 2 large skinless chicken breasts in half. Place the 4 pieces between the sheets of cling film. Use a rolling pin to crush the chicken breasts until they are the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Mix breadcrumbs in beaten eggs and mix the grated parmesan cheese. Reserve on a plate in the refrigerator while preparing the sauce.
- Heat olive oil and cook 2 cloves of crushed garlic for 1 minute, then add passata, oregano, and caster sugar. Simmer and season for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high heat and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side and then remove. Top the chicken with tomato sauce and put it into a shallow baking dish.
- Spoon over the light mozzarella half-balls and remaining grated parmesan. Now grill them for 3 to 4 minutes until the sauce starts bubbling and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with salad, vegetables, and potatoes or different types of pasta.
Rosemary and Lemon Roast Chicken
If you have tried roast veal with lemon and aniseed, then try this easy and special chicken recipe inspired by Italian cooking methods.
- Rosemary – 20g
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Lemon – 1, zested, halved
- Red chili – 1/2 small, deseeded, chopped
- Whole chicken – 1 1/4 kg, preferably free-range
- Carrots – 4, medium
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C for convection heat/gas. Finely chop 2 sprigs of rosemary and mix with butter, chili, garlic, and lemon zest. Carefully, lift the skin of the chicken breast and on both sides, press the butter underneath. On the outside of the chicken, rub the butter and fill the lemon inside the cavity.
- Place the chicken on a rack with the carrots in a medium baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary leaves and grill the chicken for 1 hour 10 minutes until the juice runs clear. Remove it from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve it on the board with a bowl of cooking juices and carrots.
Italian-Style Chicken Burger and Chips
- Polenta – 500g, ready-cooked
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Chicken breasts – 2
- Dried breadcrumbs – 25g
- Parmesan – 25g
- Mozzarella ball – 125g
- Burger buns or Ciabatta – 4, lightly toasted
- Salad leaves – to serve
- Sunblush tomatoes – to serve
- Fresh basil pesto – to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas. Cut the polenta into thick shavings and rub everything with a little oil. Spread it on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and use a heavy tin or rolling pin to flatten them slightly. Rub oil on the chicken breasts and spread breadcrumbs and parmesan on the plate. Dip the chicken to coat it well.
- Place the chicken on another baking sheet and bake it for 10 to 12 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on the top and return it to the oven until it starts melting.
- Stack the burgers on the buns with lettuce leaves, a dollop of pesto, and tomatoes.
- Serve the Italian-style chicken burgers with polenta chips.
Other Best Chicken Recipes
Poultry – Most Consumed American Diet
Poultry not only means chicken but also other birds such as ducks, pigeons, turkey, goose, guinea fowl, etc. Poultry has been used for various purposes such as eggs, meat, and entertainment. Raising pigeons has been entertainment for people. Apart from all purposes, poultry has been a part of the American diet.
In the United States, billions of pounds of chicken meat is produced. It means that its usage is more or less than beef and other meats. You can make the best chicken recipes at home for dinner or family gatherings. While hosting an event, you can make Italian stuffed chicken, chicken parmigiana, rosemary and lemon roast chicken, or an Italian-style chicken burger with polenta chips. All these recipes serve your guests well.